Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I live in Colorado

Colorado is like no place I've ever lived before. It is a beautiful state, made so by its terrain and its people. There are a great many things here worth seeing.

Once, a few months ago, I was coming home from hanging out with Micah. It had snowed a few days prior and the moon was full. In Golden, so near to the foothills, it looked like the mountains were glowing. It is still one of the most beautiful scenes I've ever witnessed.

Colorado is not like Utah. Utah is drab, boring, brown, and salty. Colorado has trees and grass to add color to it.

Did I mention the people? There are so many pretty people here that it is almost crazy. It is worth mentioning, of course, that I found one of them and am dating her. Regardless, there are a great many beautiful people here and she knows some of them. I've even MET some of them. I've never been around so many good-looking folk.

Of course, it's not all fun and games. Driving is quite a chore and that feeling is compounded by the hellish traffic that precedes you everywhere you go. On top of that, the streets have names (instead of the number/grid system of Salt Lake City) so I have to go by landmarks which means I get lost even more than usual.

The bars here are much more fun and the beer here has twice as much alcohol. There's something to do on every block and someone new to meet every time I turn around. I love Colorado. If you don't feel the same way, try living in Utah for 10 years.

1 comment:

Me said...

Awww, I miss Colorado.