Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My [extended] Haikus

I stand here, disturbed
By the things in front of me
Too many lie dead

Battle makes no oaths
No promises, guarantees
It gives you a chance

Whether man or beast
Each of us shall meet his end
And find salvation

Why is it each time
That I am victorious
Covered in their blood

It's wrong to want death
But is wanting mercy wrong
Am I to be damned

I face them again
And I stand alone, alive
All 'round me, silence

How long will this last
Tormenting me, forever
Will this ever end

When killing is all
Life loses all the meaning
Becomes death, itself

Sorry, I got going and just couldn't stop until I had some kind of pseudo-resolution. The character is a bit scary. I blame Giles because ever since the shoehorned "I am immortal" in his story I've been having all these weird anti-hero thoughts.