Sunday, January 08, 2006

Success and Continuation

- Last week has to be considered a phenomenal success. All four active members made it in with at least one contribution, Erik even put two up. What is even cooler is that two not-yet-members (hehe) were inspired to write 69ers alongside us (Robyn via Erik in a comment, and Todd on his MySpace blog). The only thing missing was Karina, and we'll blame that on Steve because (we can) he is supposed to show her the ropes in this world of blog (when they get a chance, I know, I know). Way To Go Quill & Think!!!

- On to this week. Let's go for two in a row! Erik says that he has an idea for a project, but needs to formulate it further, and I haven't gotten around to asking Giles or Steve if they have ideas yet. So I will gladly bear the burden of providing the project for a second week (If I like it this much, just wait until we get the ball really rolling, we'll be fighting for the right!)
----------
Project 2: It'll never happen! -

- I often sit and contemplate how to write a novel, more specifically, how a slacker like me would even halfway finish the job. I usually end up with the thought that I would have to have the perfect idea, that's the only thing that would motivate me enough. But what happens to all those imperfect ideas? Are they trash? And who among us hasn't read an imperfect novel or ten? Or even an utterly crappy one, even if you never finished reading it, it still counts as a crappy novel that was completed. This week we'll address the crappy novel. You'll do it by writing a description or synopsis of the novel that you will never write, or the one you will never read. I'm thinking 150-300 words is reasonable. This one should be good for some laughs.
----------

“You could compile the worst book in the world entirely out of selected passages from the best writers in the world.” - One of my favorite authors and theologians - G.K. Chesterton

“A book may be compared to your neighbor: if it be good, it cannot last too long; if bad, you cannot get rid of it too early.” - Rupert Brooke

“It is far better to be silent than merely to increase the quantity of bad books” - Voltaire
I must stop there, but there are about a hundred more quotes that I could use for today.

- Gabe

5 comments:

Me said...

So much for anonymity, huh?

S.S.Marks said...

Hokay so, AS for Karina she will be hopfully joining the rest of us in about 2 to 3 weeks.(when the semester is over.)

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo a plug.

The new "project" sounds like fun.

I have a lot of story ideas but when I write all of my stories seem to get lost in the middle and never find an end. Then I give up on them. That's why I can't finish a novel.

Todd Newton said...

And then I created an account. Duh.

Erik said...

lol@Todd